Lindsey’s older brother has a best friend, Paul. When no one was around, Paul used to flirt with Lindsey shamelessly. He says getting Lindsey to fall in love with him took a lot of convincing and hard work… at that, Lindsey just smiles her stunning smile and looks at him lovingly.
What a sweet and gorgeous Couple they are!
On having their destination wedding at the fabulous Paradisus Palma Real: ‘We wanted to be able to have a week of memories with our loved ones instead of just one day. We chose Paradisus Palma Real based on a friend’s recommendation; the resort also got great reviews & had everything we were looking for.’ Top three things Paul loves about Lindsey: ‘She’s a nerd at heart. I also love her personality and great sense of humour.’ Top three things Lindsey loves about Paul: ‘his kindness, generosity, and how hard working he is.’ Hair & make-up by our amazing Anna Nuet & her uber-talented associate from Canada, Andrea.
Ideal day together according to Lindsey: ‘In bed eating popcorn, candy & watching Dateline.’
Ideal day together according to Paul: ‘Whatever Lindsey wants to do! Haha.’
Lindsey, on the Proposal:
‘It was a typical day at home, I was wearing one of Paul’s old ratty beer shirts with zit cream on my face & he for some reason decided that this was the best time to get down on one knee & ask me to spend the rest of my life with him. Afterwards we made dinner & went for a nice walk. It was a great day!’
Lindsey: ‘We’re best friends who don’t have to be doing much but are just happy to be in each other’s company. Our personality traits help balance & complement each other. I’m definitely more organized and grounded and he’s more silly!’
Lindsey’s nickname: ‘Rude Reid (I’ve been known to speak my mind, especially when drinking red wine).’
Paul’s nickname: ‘Muff/Puff/McGoogle – (hair & a wealth of stupid knowledge).’
Most romantic memory together: ‘Paul often gives me my own “spa day” at home where he lights candles, plays soft music & gives me a full body massage (he even heats the massage oil)! awwww…’
Lindsey’s favourite guilty pleasure: ‘Candy (nibs, or sour watermelons are my fav!)’
Paul’s favourite guilty pleasure: ‘Smoking.’
Sunrise Rock the Dress.
Lindsey: ‘I love that Paul… always makes me laugh & feel comfortable. I love it when he… cuddles & compliments me.’
Paul: ‘I love that she…has an awesome sense of humour. I love it when she… laughs and is playful.’
On fave books / movies: ‘We’ve recently watched the documentary “Blackfish” and I was fuming mad afterwards… I vowed to never visit seaworld or another zoo for as long as I live.’
Lindsey’s favourite things to find in the fridge: ‘Anything & everything, I’m a big foodie!’
Paul’s favourite things to find in the fridge: ‘Lindsey’s leftovers!’
Lindsey’s fave gift from Paul: ‘Tiffany’s eternity ring.’
Paul’s fave gift from Lindsey: ‘Vitamix Blender, because she always makes me smoothies with it.’
BRIDE’S POST-WEDDING REFLECTIONS:
What did you love most about your Wedding?!
‘We loved EVERYTHING about our Wedding, it could not have been more perfect. A lot of research went into planning; from picking the beautiful Dominican Republic as the destination, to the Paradisus Palma Real Resort which we both felt was a perfect fit for us and our guests, to finding our amazing “glam squad” and the BEST photographers ever! We also loved that our guests traveled so far to spend our special day with us and we couldn’t have had a better group together for a whole week. Paul & I loved that our friends and family worked so hard to collect pictures for our wedding slideshow and also our idea of a polaroid picture guest book which will forever be a keepsake. All these details were so important in the making of our Wedding and we couldn’t be more grateful.’
Any regrets? What would you have done differently if you could?
‘Regrets…nope nothing at all!’
Most memorable moments from the Day / Wedding week?!
1. ‘The First Look – I don’t think either of us anticipated how emotional this moment was going to be. We’re so happy we chose to do this as it’s surprising how quick the day goes, so not only did this allow for more photos, it also REALLY helped calm our nerves before the ceremony. It’s hard to describe how amazing this moment was and is something we will both cherish for the rest of our lives.
2. Beach BBQ – Spending the evening with great company & food/drinks before the Wedding made for a memorable experience. Those ‘mamajuana’ shots helped to top the night off as well!
3. Boat Party – All I can say is “Punta Cana Party Boat” knows how to host one hell of a party Hopefully there were others who couldn’t remember getting off of the boat as well, haha!’
Comments about vendors, resort etc
‘1. Katya & Rob, there are not enough words to describe how fabulous and talented these two are -even our guests could not stop raving about them. They both worked so hard to capture our Wedding and we felt they were constantly taking pictures. We will be forever thankful to them for being so helpful and patient with us. They really know how to make an uncomfortable situation feel comfortable and the champagne & music in the background is just genius!’
2. Anna Nuet & Andrea Kuchera, our fantastic hair & make-up artists. We spent the whole day with these ladies as there were 10 of us getting our hair & make-up done – they managed their time perfectly and we felt like they were part of our group. We had champagne flowing and music playing, which made for a fun stress-free day. I’m pretty picky, and these girls did such a wonderful job, I couldn’t believe how beautiful everyone looked. I’m so happy that I spent extra on the airbrush make-up, as it held up nicely in the heat & humidity.’
3. Romance Team & Bianca did a great job helping with the planning process and were always asking if we needed anything. It’s crazy how organized they were which was such a reassuring feeling when trying to plan a wedding from so far away.
4. Paradisus Palma Real: we absolutely loved this resort. It had such a relaxing atmosphere that it always felt like we were at the spa. The beach was breathtaking and the food & drinks were great. The resort was convenient in that it had a golf course, casino & mall. The kids club was also a huge bonus for those guests who brought kids. We loved the fact that the resort had everything needed to be entertained yet was small enough to have that intimate feeling and not so large as to get lost. Also, a huge thanks to all the staff who served during the beach BBQ & wedding reception, we couldn’t believe how great the service was and that we were never without a cold drink!’
Any advice for future Brides/Grooms!
‘The Wedding is a long day but it’s surprising how quick it goes by… so don’t stress and make sure to enjoy every minute of it. Set some time aside for your husband/wife to be and don’t be afraid to “shop around” for your vendors, they truly can make your wedding day amazing!’
Learn how to avoid these "11 Biggest Mistakes Island Brides Make" ... download your FREE PDF!