Every woman needs to pay tribute to the beauty she has been blessed with.
Surely, there is at least one feature or body part we would all gladly trade! The truth is, we must embrace our flaws and love ourselves for who we are and what we look like. It’s wonderful how trendy ‘modern boudoir’ sessions are becoming, mostly as saucy gifts for the significant other. But I think you should have one on your night stand, too!
Here are some tips for making the best of your boudoir session:
- pick a photographer you trust! I cannot stress this enough. Make sure you feel comfortable with them as a person. Meet with them first and make sure they are out to capture YOU, and not just your body.
- familiarize yourself with the photographer’s work. Do they work in a studio setting or do they prefer to work with natural light? How much post-processing (global adjustments and photoshop) does their workflow involve? There is a common misconception that so-called ‘airbrushing’ can be done at the click of a button – nothing is further from the truth! So please communicate your expectations ahead of time.
- get a good night’s sleep! Looking fresh and radiant goes beyond make-up and hair.
- pick out a few pieces of lingerie to wear ahead of time. A plain white button-up shirt is a classic and often very flattering choice as well. If you wear it over bare skin, it is often a great transition into nudes, but that’s entirely up to you.
- slip on some heels. Not only will these look fabulous in photos, they will make you FEEL sexy.
- go easy on the make-up – moisturize your skin and wear sheer lip gloss to start. You can always take it up a notch! You may also keep some lotion or baby oil close by to lightly brush on your collar bone (and wherever else you like) for some specular highlights.
- be yourself! Don’t worry about posing too much, but do think of some ideas to start off.
- consider having the portraits done in your own home, or book a boutique-style hotel room – just make sure window light is sufficient and space is adequate.
- lastly, celebrate. Before, after – with or without champagne…
Katya Nova Photography
Download Free Guide
Learn how to avoid these "11 Biggest Mistakes Island Brides Make" ... download your FREE PDF!