It’s time for a juicy personal post!!! I’ve been meaning to share more of our lives behind the scenes with all you sweet people, so here we are – a photo essay from the BEST week EVER (seriously, it’s a very close tie with our wedding week). There’s so much I want to say about the Burning Man experience…
It was crazy, sexy, healing, transcendental… and everything in between!
Since 1986, the coolest people from all over the world come together to create Black Rock City in the Nevada desert, a community dedicated to sharing, art, limitless self-expression, self-reliance and leaving NO trace. This year, we were among nearly 70,000 Burners… it’s overwhelming how much love, selflessness, inspiration, and mind-blowing awesomeness we witnessed over the week. For Rob & I, this was our second Burn and I know there will be many more. I didn’t take many photos throughout the week because I really wanted to take it all in, but the images you’re about to see were totally worth getting our gear completely destroyed by Playa dust.
If you’re one of our Brides – this is how Rob & I replenish our ‘creative juices,’ hehe! I feel we’re always bursting with love – but now you’ll see it from a slightly different perspective.
Waiting in line to get in, at sunrise.
Acro yoga bliss at Center Camp.
Whisked away in an art car…
A pickle Martini Bar… big pickles, small pickles, dill pickles, uber garlicky pickles, baby pickles, diced pickes, juicy pickles, absinthe pickles… love pickles!!!
My favourite art installation on the Playa, a stunning church with walls of some of the most moving and provocative fine art photography I’ve seen.
Get your ass stamped as you down a shot of tequila infused with garlic and hot peppers. And like it.
She accepted cookies, fine booze, and hugs from sexy men.
Rob: ‘God, what should I do?’
God: ‘Go to the Hookadome.’
God is Gold. Gold is God.
Our dearest friend & brother Cole sets an intention for our crazy day of exploring the limits of human consciousness.
Many couples get married at Burning Man. If you want to get hitched, come to the Bridezilla lounge to borrow super sweet wedding attire, get an officiant and a buzz on.
I wanna marry this man… over and over again!!!
A goddess wild child, Sophia Ocean.
Random find, deep Playa.
My gorgeous sister-in law Vanessa and her brilliant fiancee Cam a.k.a. ‘Dad’… here’s the beginning of their engagement photos in the desert!
At ‘Distrikt’ day club, amongst all the sexy people, a man borrows Rob’s stick in hopes of reaching enlightenment.
Our sizzling hot Lacy bear.
Momentarily caught in a dust storm.
Thank you, stranger, for the only photo of me … in focus!
A super cool find from a souvenir shop in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This glorious hoof was my perfect wine vessel all week and only fell apart on the very last day the festival.
Don’t be fooled, Regis means serious business!
Thank you dear Regis for taking this one – looks like Rob & I are two of a kind 🙂
‘You only get one chance at nail polish.’
The uplifting forces of Burning Man.
Stopping to write down funny shit.
The background – totally spontaneous.
Was there or was there not a backflip?!
Big thanks to Regis again. I already can’t wait for our grandkids to see this. 🙂
Rob’s beer cooler.
The only night image I took all week… a telling one. Here, our friend Curtis is just holding a flashlight above Cole’s face. At camp, after dinner.
It only took about an hour for us to break the Polaroid camera. Here’s impermanence at its finest.
Strumming about love and stuff.
The little things.
Thanks again, Regis, for capturing freedom. These make my soul sing.
On our way out… 13 hours in line. The spirits are still high, and there’s still toilet paper.
FINALLY… 10 things I learned about at Burning Man, on a cellular level:
1. everyone perceives reality in *at least* a slightly different way than you do. be sensitive, accepting, and do not jump to conclusions.
2. pickles are a legitimate breakfast food.
3. always just breathe. respond instead of reacting… because it’s most likely not even about you.
4. succumb to glitter. and dust. in fact, embrace them. the world is pretty much made of that shit anyway.
5. heartfelt smiles & hugs are deeply healing. so is laughing. so is crying. so is coconut oil full body massage. for everyone involved.
6. clean drinking water is a big deal. a blessing and a privilege.
7. men secretly love nail polish. especially if it’s gold. i like me a man who can pull off nail polish.
8. all-time favourite festival snack: roasted seaweed topped with avocado & coarse himalayan salt. it’s heaven.
9. i love love love the people in my life. some relationships cannot be labeled or put in a box. it’s not easy, but it’s worth it. also, i really value being loved back.
10. it’s okay to be vulnerable and let it all hang out sometimes. it’s into a broken vessel that light may come in.
another 10. there is an infinite amount of love in the world; love is our true nature; we are love.